Monday, August 17, 2015

This week with Dennis DeSantis

If you aren't yet a subscriber to my Art + Music + Technology podcast, you are missing out on some cool people talking about their history and work. It started out as a lark, but is turning into a pretty interesting oral history project.

This week I talk to Dennis DeSantis, the Ableton guru and author of the book "Making Music - 74 Creative Strategies for Electronic Music Producers".



During our discussion (which is podcast 92!), Dennis talks about the process of creating the book, but also some of his experiences working with people at various stages of the production process. But my favorite part of the chat was a discussion about the role of expertise in the development of modern music. I've always found Dennis to be an amazing guy, but this talk reinforced why he was the right guy, at the right time, to be producing this book.

Take a listen, and let me know what you think!

[ddg]

No comments:

Post a Comment