Monday, October 26, 2015

My New Project



I'm a big fan of the Korg ESX-1 Drum Machine (and, as a result, really hate the new ES-2). It was my main 'keyboard' and sequencer for my last tour, and I buy and sell them regularly. I recent sold my last one, and was aching for another - but didn't want to spend too much. Up on Craigslist pops up an "as-is" ESX-1 for $90, and I snagged it.

Here you see it in partially disassembled state. It reeks of pot. Every ESX-1 I've ever bought used has reeked of pot. Really? What's up with that?

Turns out the only real problems here are some shot encoders - and which Syntaur was happy to sell replacements. Those should be coming in today, and I'll probably have a working (but still stinky) ESX by the end of the week! Total outlay including memory card? About $130.

Yay!

[ddg]

1 comment: