Sunday, January 24, 2016

Turns out you can tune the damned thing!





Thanks to this Muff Wiggler thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74376, and thanks to the fact that I'd bought a Snark SN-8 tuner for my classical/fusion guitar a couple of years ago, I decided to try making the necessary modification to have this be my new oscillator tuner. Took about 20 minutes (mostly spent putting together the Weller soldering iron and figuring out how I'd route the wire...), and I was golden.

How did I route the wire? I recently put a bunch of my tools in storage, so I didn't have a drill to make a mounting hole. Instead, after looking over the SN-8's one-sheet manual, I realized that I would never, ever, need to recalibrate or transpose the tuning of the device. So the hole for the calibration button was the perfect routing hole for my needs. Perfecto!

Oh, and it turns out the USB lamp plug I'm using on the Synthwerks Lamp-1 module is the perfect clamping point for the tuner. Wins all around!

[ddg]

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the share man, this will be way better than firing up the old Zoom recorder and sifting through a million menus to find the tuner

    ReplyDelete